IF YOU PREFER, HERE IS A THUMBNAIL SKETCH:
- I was born in Mexico, where my parents were missionaries. There we had a great view of tall mountains on every side.
- A perfectionist from youth, I hid a ruler at my desk to help me form letters in first grade.
- Lousy at drawing, but wanting to express my vision, I latched on to photography.
- In college, I majored in English and minored in French, Spanish, and History. In seminary, I studied biblical languages in preparation to be a Bible translator.
- Having finished seminary, and halfway through an MA in Linguistics, I was hooked on AV production and graphics. I embraced the reality that this was my strongest interest.